The ATSA Independent Living Expo is a key event for those involved in the aged care sector.
Held only every two years, this expo provides a platform for industry professionals to come together, exchange ideas, and learn about the latest innovations and developments in the field. Whether you’re a care worker, administrator, or business owner, attending the ATSA Independent Living Expo is a valuable opportunity to stay upto-date with the latest trends and advancements in independent and daily living products.
The seminar program, which is free to attend, has a number of international guests, many returning to Australia for the first time since borders have reopened, and some presenting at ATSA for the first time. The program will have new panel sessions as well as the return of the popular adaptive clothing fashion show that was launched in Brisbane last year at all three events in 2023. The presentations are always well attended and are a drawcard for the event.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your experience at the ATSA Independent Living Expo:
- Pre-register: Register before you get to the show, and you will receive a voucher for a free coffee or tea. If you have an accessible parking permit/ badge permit you will receive free parking too.
- Plan ahead: Before you attend the expo, take some time to research the exhibitors, speakers, and sessions that will be taking place. This will help you make the most of your time at the event and ensure you don’t miss any opportunities to learn or network.
- Network with other attendees: One of the key benefits of attending the ATSA Independent Living Expo is the opportunity to network with other professionals in the aged care sector. Take advantage of this by introducing yourself to other attendees and exchanging contact details.
- Attend sessions and workshops: The ATSA Independent Living Expo features a range of sessions and workshops that are designed to help attendees learn more about different aspects of aged care and daily living needs. From educational sessions on specific topics to hands-on workshops, there is something for everyone. Be sure to attend the sessions and workshops that are most relevant to your role or area of interest.
- Visit exhibitor stands: The expo floor is filled with exhibitor stands representing companies and organisations supporting the aged care sector. Take the time to visit to learn more about their products and services, and to discuss your needs and requirements with the representatives.
- Take notes: With so much information to take in, it can be helpful to take notes during the sessions and workshops you attend. This will help you retain the information and refer back to it later on.
Attending the ATSA Independent Living Expo is a valuable experience for those involved in the aged care sector. By taking advantage of the opportunities to learn, network, and connect with other professionals, you can gain valuable insights and knowledge that will help you in your role. So why not make the most of this opportunity and register for the ATSA Independent Living Expo today!
‘Thanks for an absolutely fabulous two days. As a consumer I learnt lots and now have some great new pieces of assistive technology on order.’ ‘So glad I made the trip to attend. I found it to be an invaluable experience. I am almost certain I will be back to attend many more expos in the future. Thank you again to all involved in making these expos happen.’ ‘It was terrific and so nice to get our community together.’
‘Loved it all as usual. Good variety of stands. EASY to navigate in a 3-wheel (small) electric scooter’ ‘Was definitely worthwhile to gain knowledge about new independent and daily living products.’ ‘Thank you for continuing to provide this expo, I thoroughly enjoy attending. I also enjoy attending the information sessions and find them relevant and informative.’
‘Always look forward going to ATSA – wealth of info, products, education and networking. It was a great event! Loved every minute I was there.’
Save the dates and register early
ATSA Independent Living Expo Melbourne- 24-25 May 2023
ATSA Independent Living Expo Perth – 31 May – 1 June 2023
ATSA Independent Living Expo Canberra – 7-8 November 2023
Visit www.atsaindependentlivingexpo.com.au for more details and to register Interested in exhibiting? Please email Allison.email@example.com Interested in volunteering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on Facebook and Instagram – ATSAexpo to stay up-to-date with all that is happening at the shows.